ZenTao 15.0.rc1 is released
- 2021-04-07 10:43:00
- EasyCorp Official Original
ZenTao 15.0.rc1 is released
Hello, everyone! Since the day ZenTao version 15.0 was projected, it has been released several times internally. With more polishing and optimization, it is now officially put into production. This release includes major changes below.
- In order to improve the user experience(UX), ZenTao officially upgraded to version 15.0. On the basis of version 12.0, version 15.0 restructured navigation, block and document library, making itself more powerful.
- The subsequent external release of ZenTao mainly consists of 4 versions: ZenTao Open Source, ZenTao Pro, ZenTao Biz, and ZenTao Max.
- The release of this version also adds features such as program, multi-application navigation, uploading avatars, etc. At the same time, bugs are fixed, several details are improved, and user experience is further enhanced.
What is a general project management platform
ZenTao will not be limited to the management of the development. On one hand, it will extend the management and extend it to the company’s strategic management level; on the other hand, it will improve the management model. The new version adds Waterfall management model (ZenTao Max) to the agile management model.
What is ZenTao 15.0
1. Support complex and multi-level project management
In many companies, a product or project often involves the division of workforce and collaboration of multiple departments. Due to the lack of a common project management platform, the tools used are various, resulting in asymmetric information transmission, inefficient teamwork, and a lack of accumulation and precipitation of project results. This new version of ZenTao will support the project management method, which can be multiple sub-projects or projects under one project. At the same time, it also supports strict permission control to ensure flexible management and data security.
2. Support the management of "big" projects
The “big” project here is different from the projects in the old version of ZenTao. The projects in the old version of ZenTao are only sprints or iterations of one phase, while the projects in the new version of ZenTao can contain multiple sprints or iterations.
3. Support multiple project management models
The new version of ZenTao will add a waterfall management model (the Max version) on the basis of the agile management model. Different projects can adopt different management models, which greatly improves the coverage of ZenTao's daily work management within the enterprise.
The new version of ZenTao adds three new features: program, project, and management model. What do they represent?
1. What is a program
A program is a collection of interrelated and coordinated projects. It is at the highest level and belongs to the concept of a strategic level. It has multi-level project management, helping managers to form strategic directions and allocate resources at a macro level. At the same time, it supports hierarchical access control, and the project set and the sub-projects and projects below can be separated by privileges. As shown in the figure, the program has the highest level, under which one or more sub-programs, products and projects can be managed. Products can only be linked to the top-level program.
2. What is a project
The project is to complete the various tasks of the project within the specified time, budget, and quality objectives. It belongs to the concept of the campaign level. The projects in the new version of ZenTao are obviously different from the old version. The projects in the old version represent a specific sprint or iteration, while a project in the new version can contain multiple sprints or iterations. This upgrade will convert the project in the old version into an iteration or phase under the new version of the project.
3. What is a project management model
In the new version of ZenTao, different projects can support different management models. After the upgrade, it will support the agile model and the waterfall model.
1) Agile management model: Project> Product> Iteration> Task
The agile model is the existing management method in the ZenTao, which mainly manages the development in a sprint/iterative way.
2) Waterfall management model: Project> Product> Phase> Task
The waterfall model is a series of stages connected in a fixed sequence. It mainly manages the development in a staged management mode. The stages include: requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
Source Code Package
One-Click Installation Package for Windows
- Windows 64 bit one-click installation
- Windows 32 bit one-click installation
One-Click Installation Packages for Linux (unzip to /opt )
- Linux 64 bit one-click installation (Ubuntu17+ and Centos7.4+)
- Linux 32 bit one-click installation (Ubuntu17+ and Centos7.4+)
- Linux 64 bit one-click installation (Ubuntu16- and Centos7.3-)
- Linux 32 bit one-click installation (Ubuntu16- and Centos7.3-)
If you have any questions, contact troy @easycorp.ltd for help.