- 1 Introduction
- 2 How to Install ZenTao
- 2.1 Choose the best installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation Package for Windows (Recommended)
- 2.4 One-click Installation Package for Linux
- 2.5 Source Code Installation Package (for all Systems)
- 2.6 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.7 Softaculous service
- 3 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.1 Choose Upgrade
- 3.2 Upgrade by source codes (General for all systems)
- 3.3 Upgrade for one-click installation package for windows users (xampp)
- 3.4 Upgrade for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Simple Application
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm Stories
- 6.9 Decompose Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Personal management
- 7.3 Product Manager
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.3 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Story Status
- 7.3.5 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.6 Product Module
- 7.3.7 Release Plan
- 7.3.8 Create a Release
- 7.3.9 Roadmap
- 7.3.10 Manage Documents
- 7.3.11 Product Meetings
- 7.3.12 Project Management, Presentation and Summary
- 7.3.13 Story Reports
- 7.4 Project Manager
- 7.5 Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and decompose tasks
- 7.5.2 Claim and update Tasks
- 7.5.3 Create a Build
- 7.5.4 Test Task
- 7.5.5 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.6 Manage Documents
- 7.5.7 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 Testing Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Back up ZenTao
- 8.1.3 Recover the deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Custom Development
- 9.1 ZenTao Mechanism of Developing
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Modify files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add features to navigation bar
- 9.7 Examples: Modify Language Prompt
- 9.8 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.9 Web Editor
- 9.10 Packaging Standards of ZenTao 1.1
- 10 Other Relevant Issues
We will demonstrate the specific workflow in the following part.
1. Create a Product
Before doing bug management, you have to create products first. Click Product-> Add Product.
The design philosophy in ZenTao is that bugs are mainly linked to products. We will explain the relations between products and projects later.
When adding a product, you should set up the name, alias and information about person in charge of it.
2. Report Bugs
Once a product is added, you can create bugs. Go to Test-> Bug and click Report Bug.
When creating bugs, the required fields are basic information, such as bug title, open build and STR (Software Testing Efforts). Fileds like projects the bug linked to, relevant products and Story can be ignored. Bug can be assigned to certain person or leave it empty If it is not sure of who will take care of it.
3. Solve Bugs3.1 Find the bug that is assigned to you by various labels and search conditions.
ZenTao provides a variety of search conditions. For example, it can list all the bugs that are assigned to you.
3.2 Solve bugs
Developers solve bugs after find bugs that are aasigned to them. Click Sove button in Actions.
Generally speaking, an effective bug status is “Solved”. As for detailed solutions, we will elaborate later.
4. Close Bugs
Once the bug is sovle, it will be reassigned to the one who reported it. Then testers will test whether the bug is fixed. If accepted, then close the bug. You can click the Close button in Actions of bug list, or click the bug and close it in its separate page.
You can write a note for the bug closed.