- 1 Introduction
- 2 How to Install ZenTao
- 2.1 Choose the best installation
- 2.2 ZenTao Cloud
- 2.3 One-click Installation Package for Windows (Recommended)
- 2.4 One-click Installation Package for Linux
- 2.5 Source Code Installation Package (for all Systems)
- 2.6 Set up Virtualbox for ZenTao
- 2.7 Softaculous service
- 3 Upgrade ZenTao
- 3.1 Choose Upgrade
- 3.2 Upgrade by source codes (General for all systems)
- 3.3 Upgrade for one-click installation package for windows users (xampp)
- 3.4 Upgrade for one-click installation package for Linux
- 4 Users and Groups
- 5 Simple Application
- 6 Basic Application
- 6.1 Basic Workflow
- 6.2 Agile and Scrum
- 6.3 ZenTao and Scrum
- 6.4 ZenTao Tutorial for Rookies
- 6.5 Create a Product
- 6.6 Create a Story
- 6.7 Create a Project
- 6.8 Confirm Stories
- 6.9 Decompose Tasks
- 6.10 Report a Bug
- 6.11 Manage Contacts
- 6.12 Customization
- 7 Advanced Application
- 7.1 Workflow
- 7.1.1 ZenTao Workflow
- 7.2 Personal management
- 7.3 Product Manager
- 7.3.1 Manage a Product
- 7.3.2 Create and Review a Story
- 7.3.3 Change and Review a Story
- 7.3.4 Story Status
- 7.3.5 Notes for Writing a Story
- 7.3.6 Product Module
- 7.3.7 Release Plan
- 7.3.8 Create a Release
- 7.3.9 Roadmap
- 7.3.10 Manage Documents
- 7.3.11 Product Meetings
- 7.3.12 Project Management, Presentation and Summary
- 7.3.13 Story Reports
- 7.4 Project Manager
- 7.5 Development Team
- 7.5.1 Project planning meeting and decompose tasks
- 7.5.2 Claim and update Tasks
- 7.5.3 Create a Build
- 7.5.4 Test Task
- 7.5.5 Resolve a Bug
- 7.5.6 Manage Documents
- 7.5.7 Confirm Bugs
- 7.6 Testing Team
- 8 Configuration
- 8.1 Maintain ZenTao
- 8.1.1 Initialize scripts
- 8.1.2 Back up ZenTao
- 8.1.3 Recover the deleted
- 8.1.4 Update Burndown charts
- 8.2 Deploy ZenTao
- 9 Custom Development
- 9.1 ZenTao Mechanism of Developing
- 9.2 ZenTao Directory
- 9.3 Modify files
- 9.4 ZenTao Database
- 9.5 Common Modules
- 9.6 Add features to navigation bar
- 9.7 Examples: Modify Language Prompt
- 9.8 Examples: set priority when creating bugs
- 9.9 Web Editor
- 9.10 Packaging Standards of ZenTao 1.1
- 10 Other Relevant Issues
When some functions are completed, it’s time to create a build which is related to software configuration management. It is an optional process, but it is recommended that the teams use build management.
Build is used to identify to the test scope and make it easier for communications between thetesting teams and the development teams, and to solve the problems of build releasing and bug fixing.
Since it is for build management, can ZenTao be used to manage source codes? Sorry, ZenTao cannot be used to manage source code, because it is a professional management and there are available open source software to do it, such as Subversion and Git. You can deploy it according to you own needs. Builds in ZenTao are just records.
1. The build process is,
- The Dev teams finish stories or fix bugs
- A tag is created in Subversion or Git. Take ZenTao tag as an example,
- When a tag is created, a build can be created by someone who is in charge of releasing in ZenTao.
2. Create a build
Go to Project- >Build and click Create.
You need to create a build at first. Once saved, relate it to stories and bugs on the page of build details.
If there is no Relate button on on the detailed page of a build, contact the administrator to assign privileges by going to Company -> Groups.
Name and ID. Teams should have their own management standards. For example, they can use product name_version number_status (stble, beta) _date to name builds.
- It can be different for builds due to different development language. Some builds need to be adapted, while other builds only need source code. So you have to fill the SCM path or the file path for downloading according to the actual situations of your company.
- In ZenTao, you need to create a build first and then relate it to stories and bugs. Then the build is submitted to be tested after being related , the testing scope will be defined.
You can add notes, keynotes and so on to description for testing teams.